Do you remember me talking about the Leilani Postpartum wear in another post? Well this is from the same company, and it is called the Angelica. It is the one that is made for right after you have the baby. It is worn a few weeks before you wear the Leilani.
Here is what it looks like on their model:
It comes in black and also in beige.
Company's Product Description
- Speeds recovery
- Stabilizes weak and stretched muscles from pregnancy and childbirth
- Targeted compression promotes circulation and reduces swelling
- Supports tummy, hips, and lower back
- ObGyn recommended anatomical design
- Anatomical crotch panel supports and protects perineal tears and episiotomy incisions
- Reduces bloating discomfort
- Unique MicroNet™ soft-touch fabric free of harsh chemicals and dyes
- Lightweight and breathable MicroNet™ fabric keeps moms cool while recovering
- Adjustable and detachable shoulder straps
- Antimicrobial cotton-lined crotch to keep moms feeling fresh
As shown in the photos above, I received the one in beige. I would have preferred black but beige is okay too.
The material is breathable and not too thick. The entire thing goes on very snugly, but it is supposed to be snug. Yes, I could still breathe. It has certain areas that are stitched in a certain way that holds in the most common trouble areas.
I do feel that when I had it on I looked slimmer. It made me happy since I was quite a bit thinner before pregnancy.
Not only does it make one look slim, it also adds a bit of support against your body. You will have better posture and less achiness because of the pressure that the shapewear provides against your body.
It is easier to put on than take off, I'm not going to lie...This is one reason why you want to make sure and pick a size that is not too small.
It can be worn pretty discreetly under a lot of different outfits, which is important to me. To make sure of this, I just couldn't wear spaghetti straps or anything too short on my legs.
It all worked out just fine for me.
I would recommend for new mamas like myself, shortly after delivering baby and getting home.
To learn more about the Angelica click here.
**Disclaimer: I received this product in exchange for my unbiased review.