The further along that I get in this pregnancy, the more difficult it seems to be for me to do a lot of things that I could do before. I especially get tired more easily and it's harder for me to reach things. I had seen similar products to this reacher grabber pick stick but had never actually used one until recently.
Here is the one that I received:
Company's Product Details
• Strong grip with and non-slip jaws
• Reliable smooth mechanism made from high quality precision components
• Sturdy construction for years of happy grabbing
• Easy to use ergonomic design
Benefits of 'Reach it Grab it'
• Improves quality of life for people with back pain including spinal injuries, arthritis, knee, hip and joint pain that would otherwise be too difficult or too painful.
• Picking up objects dropped/lost in tight spaces can be difficult even when using a normal reaching aid. Our 'Reach it Grab it' has a swivel head, that offers a full 90 degree turning angle, almost anywhere is accessible.
• High grade aluminium construction means that it won't rust, making it suitable for all outdoors work including removing pond debris and litter picking.
I love the length of this pick stick. I can reach stuff from quite a distance away. It is capable of grabbing on and gripping a ton of different objects. I was able to grab the remote control from the other end of the bed without having to really move much.
The handle is the perfect size and very easy to squeeze. It doesn't take much strength to do, which is nice, since occasionally my Carpal Tunnel makes it hard for me to grasp things.
This is a really cool product. I think that it's perfect for people with disabilities that keep them from being able to reach things, people who are recovering from surgery and can't really move around much, people who are on bed rest, elderly people who have trouble reaching things, and pregnant women, like myself, who might be having trouble picking things up and reaching them too.
It's not very big. You can store it easily because it doesn't take up much space. I just keep mine near my bed for when I really need to use it.
Oh, and by the way, I'm a tad shorter than 5 feet tall so I can't always reach things, pregnant or not, so I would love to continue using this product even after the baby is born.
**Disclaimer: I received this product in exchange for a review. All opinions stated here are based off of my own experiences with the product. No other compensation was received. **